I don't think I mentioned my brother actually leaving on his mission. We didn't do the airport thing because my parent's drove him a few days early so they could visit the Grand Canyon and make some other fun stops. But We all said an emotional goodbye at his setting apart Sunday night, April 24th. Our older nieces had a hard time and were so heartbroken that their best buddy, uncle Josh, was leaving.
We had a babysitter come and watch all the kids so we could all be at the setting apart and we got back around 9:30 so they are super duper tired and done.
Here he {now officially Elder Haggarton} is saying goodbye to Londyn and Maverick:
Londyn will be 4 and Maverick will be 3 when he gets back! Wow, two potty trained kids. That sounds wonderful!
We just got his first pictures from the MTC sent to us. We are just so proud of him!
Lately, we have been super busy tending to the kids, animals, swimming pretty much every day, doing house chores/projects, family get togethers, baptisms, birthday dinners with friends, play dates with friends and cousins, helping family move, church activities, and more. You know, the usual.
And Mother's Day
My awesome Husband presented me with a gift I've been asking for and I also got another gift, my very first child-falling-asleep-in-the-highchair picture. Sigh. My kids were extra rotten for me on that day. But the day before they were angels and every time I got a hug or kiss or cute look from them I just thought to myself- That is what I want for Mother's Day.
And miss Londyn. My passifier addict. She has one left and it is cut in all different places all over it. She still chews on it. I may be a wuss, but I am not willing to deal with the drama of completely taking it away from her right now. I should have done it when she was 1 but it's too late. Maverick, however has been weened off his and is doing fine. How can so much drama come from such a stupid little object?
Londyn can name about 10 colors and shapes on her own. She LOVES the color pink. I had nothing to do with that. She just does. Whenever she sees pink she makes in known :) She is working on the alphabet and her numbers. She can count to 13, and sing the alphabet song with me, but can't yet point out numbers and letters. She is a quick learner and often surprises us with the clever things she says. She loves her brother so much and always wants him included in anything she does. She loves to chase the chickens and our pig around the yard. She has to be outside helping daddy whenever he is out there working. She is the biggest sweetheart and loves giving hugs and kisses to us. If she gets sassy and says something that isn't very nice, I just make a frowny face and she comes running up to me and says, "Sorry momma!! I love you!" and kisses me. So cute. She calls the swimming pool the "beach" and loves to go swimming. She always asks if she can go to dance class when we get in the car. So needless to say she is excited to start dance and swim lessons!
These ones below are all pictures I had on my phone. Maverick is too funny to not take pics of him all the time. I am a crazy picture taker. In the last 6 months I have taken 2,000 pictures. Ya crazy is a good word.
This is him all the time.
Miracle moment sleeping on me in church
He is my buddy
I caught him with one of Londyn's baby dolls kissing and hugging it :)
Then his lion. He is having a nice conversation with him :)
Now more kisses for the lion
Maverick is talking so much! He can say:
Buh-Bunny
Bah-ball
Mah-milk
mommmmm- mom
dada-dad
owie owie owie- when he is hurt :(
DOWN!- because we tell him to get down ALL the time :)
no no
uh-oh
whas dat?
danks- thanks
nigh nigh
aw doe- all done
bye bye
num num- food
agater-aligator(his favorite stuffed animal on the planet. see below)
I know there are a ton more that Devon and I have noticed and of course when I need to write them down I forget. Love those brain farts.
He is has some pretty serious molars now. He could totally eat a steak dinner ;) He loves to wave, clap, dance, open & close doors, run away from us when we are trying to get him, point to things, play peekaboo, give kisses, and THE BEST and longest hugs, eat, play with his sister all day. He gets sad, even cranky sometimes, when she is gone or sleeping.
I can't remember what I used to do with my time (besides working a job) before I had kids! I love spending time with them and taking care of them! The most rewarding thing is hearing your baby who is learning to talk, say momma and call for you when he needs you, and hugs and kisses you. It makes me want to do this over and over again! But then when you see the poop and throw up, you say you can wait another decade ;) It's a toss up!
My awesome Husband presented me with a gift I've been asking for and I also got another gift, my very first child-falling-asleep-in-the-highchair picture. Sigh. My kids were extra rotten for me on that day. But the day before they were angels and every time I got a hug or kiss or cute look from them I just thought to myself- That is what I want for Mother's Day.
Londyn can name about 10 colors and shapes on her own. She LOVES the color pink. I had nothing to do with that. She just does. Whenever she sees pink she makes in known :) She is working on the alphabet and her numbers. She can count to 13, and sing the alphabet song with me, but can't yet point out numbers and letters. She is a quick learner and often surprises us with the clever things she says. She loves her brother so much and always wants him included in anything she does. She loves to chase the chickens and our pig around the yard. She has to be outside helping daddy whenever he is out there working. She is the biggest sweetheart and loves giving hugs and kisses to us. If she gets sassy and says something that isn't very nice, I just make a frowny face and she comes running up to me and says, "Sorry momma!! I love you!" and kisses me. So cute. She calls the swimming pool the "beach" and loves to go swimming. She always asks if she can go to dance class when we get in the car. So needless to say she is excited to start dance and swim lessons!
These ones below are all pictures I had on my phone. Maverick is too funny to not take pics of him all the time. I am a crazy picture taker. In the last 6 months I have taken 2,000 pictures. Ya crazy is a good word.
This is him all the time.
Miracle moment sleeping on me in church
He is my buddy
I caught him with one of Londyn's baby dolls kissing and hugging it :)
Then his lion. He is having a nice conversation with him :)
Now more kisses for the lion
Maverick is talking so much! He can say:
Buh-Bunny
Bah-ball
Mah-milk
mommmmm- mom
dada-dad
owie owie owie- when he is hurt :(
DOWN!- because we tell him to get down ALL the time :)
no no
uh-oh
whas dat?
danks- thanks
nigh nigh
aw doe- all done
bye bye
num num- food
agater-aligator(his favorite stuffed animal on the planet. see below)
I know there are a ton more that Devon and I have noticed and of course when I need to write them down I forget. Love those brain farts.
He is has some pretty serious molars now. He could totally eat a steak dinner ;) He loves to wave, clap, dance, open & close doors, run away from us when we are trying to get him, point to things, play peekaboo, give kisses, and THE BEST and longest hugs, eat, play with his sister all day. He gets sad, even cranky sometimes, when she is gone or sleeping.
I can't remember what I used to do with my time (besides working a job) before I had kids! I love spending time with them and taking care of them! The most rewarding thing is hearing your baby who is learning to talk, say momma and call for you when he needs you, and hugs and kisses you. It makes me want to do this over and over again! But then when you see the poop and throw up, you say you can wait another decade ;) It's a toss up!









2 comments:
This was such a cute post!
I am so happy that Londyn likes pink - she's a girl after my own heart (and I know, her mother's!). Maverick is the smiliest, cuddliest little guy ever.
I'm so happy for your family that Josh went on his mission. I know it's bittersweet for you - I've never had a brother so I can't say I know how it feels, but I know that you will all be blessed in his absence and he will be a more enriched person because of it.
:)
SO cute!!! I'm glad I'm not the only crazy picture taker!! I'm always taking pictures of tillman! :]
Post a Comment