I know that everyone thinks their mom is 'the best' and I believe that everyone does have the best mom, for them. My mom is a very kind person. That's what I love about her. Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she is so beautiful on the inside and has always taught me to love others. She has taught me that to be beautiful I should show love to others and treat everyone with respect. Not just to choose certain people to be nice to but to be nice to everyone. She doesn't laugh at people or gossip about people. It has shown me that that is exactly what Christ taught. She is so Christ like that I hope to be exactly like her because I know that then, I will be like the Savior.
When I was in 6th grade, I was going through my 'awkward' stage where I thought I was mature and I wasn't. My friends were allowed to wear makeup (IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!!!) And shave their legs already, And I wasn't allowed yet- which I totally understand now :) But I loved my friends and played at their houses all the time. We had been planning a sleepover for an upcoming weekend and were so excited about it. Somehow, someone at our school started a rumor that my friends and I were planning on inviting boys to our sleepover and were going to go skinny dipping! I don't know who it was or why they said that but I didn't know about it until after I came home the next morning. My mom wanted to talk to me and she said that a little girl at my school called my house and was very timid on the phone when she told my mom what we were supposedly planning to do. I was FURIOUS and I said I knew who it was and I thought that she was just being jealous that she didn't get invited. My mom sat there and listened to me quietly and I told her that didn't happen and there was no way I would make that choice. She believed me but then she told me what was going to happen. I was to walk into the gates of my school and find that little girl and thank her. Thank her for caring about me enough to watch out for me and make sure that I was safe and not making a bad choice. I was so mad that my mom was making me do that. I had the worst attitude that day, up until the point that I opened my mouth to tell that girl the words that I thought I wasn't going to mean when I said them. But when I said them I found myself really meaning it. I said thank you and I got choked up and I hugged her. I realized that that is what Christ would have done. Moms are smart! And I am so lucky that I was put with the perfect mom for me and I hope I can be half as good of a mom as she is!
3 comments:
Thats so cute. Such a mom thing to say. I think we have the best mom for sure!
We do!
Awwww, Jenna! That made me all teary. How cute!
I like the way you said it - we all have the best mom - for us. I don't think there are many coincidences when it comes to the homes we are born into. We're all a little different and we need different things so we're sent to our best moms!
Happy belated Mother's Day!
Post a Comment