Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lot's of family time around here. Would we want to be doing anything else? I think not.
Friday we went to Tumbleweed park which was a very good decision. It's a kids dream park to play at. We will be returning.
Then Friday night we went to Joes BBQ and then the guys went to the Dbax game.

Saturday morning we had the Winters Easter Breakfast and egg hunt, a week early so that everyone would be able to come.
Here are the kids in action

 Here is Devon, he is pregnant with our next baby
 Just kidding babe, I love you
 Londyn not wanting to take a picture while digging in her Easter treats
 I'm giving myself props for not laying a finger on these babies
 Maverick excited about his candy eggs
Don't worry, I am a better mom than that. This won't be it for Easter pictures. Hence no pictures of me. I'm still a beefcake but I'm working on it. This weekend I am hoping to take Easter pics. I am a sucker for tradition.

So we are animal people now I guess. Devon has this addiction to seeing the happiness on our children's faces when they are around animals so he keeps getting more and more. I love seeing our kids love animals too but learning to take care of animals is not happiness to me. I will learn I guess.
 The Turkeys
 Our Pot Belly Pig
 Our baby chicks or "da chickies"
 So That's what has been and will be keeping us busy over here. Come on over if you wanna play at our funny farm!

Saturday after noon my parents and all my siblings and us went to a temple session since my oldest brother and cute grandma came into town and we could all be together. Holy run on sentence. Anyway, It was pretty much one of my top 5 best days of my life. A little taste of heaven that day. Then we went to Olive Garden afterwards and laughed the day away.
We are cracking up to a huge inside joke in this picture.

Then Sunday was Josh's mission farewell. He did so great! I am so proud of him and how much he has grown spiritually. He will be a great missionary for sure. 
After the Farewell, we had a family luncheon and pictures. Then there was the open house that night which was a blast to end the fun and crazy weekend. Phew lots of cooking and baking, eating, running around, and babysitters but so worth it. I love my family!


6 comments:

gentry's said...

Your family always seems to have such a good time together. I cant believe you have turkeys now too. Let me know how all of that is going. That is crazy. I bet Londyn and Maverick are just loving it though.

Nikki Nichols said...

Jenna... Its so nice to catch up on your blog again! looks like you guys are having a great time in the sun! PS you are not a beefcake... you look GREAT, and I am not just saying that! Really you are gorgeous!

Lyndsay Winters said...

If you are a beefcake, I don't even want to think about what that makes me... ;) You look fantastic and you know it. Love all the good memories you guys are making.

Kristal and Chance said...

You guys are always up to something fun! Farm animals, out to eat, the temple, Easter egg hunts, etc! How exciting! You guys are such a cute little family! :) It was so fun reading your blog and hearing all of the stuff that you guys are up to! Have a great Easter!

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

haha where are you living that allows you to have these animals? i'm just going to warn you that turkeys are mean. we had one for a while that we got for easter and once it was big it was a big meany! you won't feel bad eating them for thanksgiving.

Tiff said...

I love that picture of your family on the temple stairs! It sounds like you guys have been having so much fun... and that little pig is soooo cute! They actually say that some pigs are smarter than dogs. I've never had a pig, but I've always wanted to "get to know" one (as silly as that sounds) so when we're in town, I want to come over and check out your little farm!

:)