Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Happy Birthday to my Cute Husband


This weekend was GREAT to have Devon home again! I survived his first week away... YAY! We started out with his brithday celebration on Friday night at his favorite restaraunt Islamarada's Fish Co. at Bass Pro Shop and although not everyone could make it we still had a turn out of 12 people so it was great to have everyone come and celebrate with us for Devon's 23rd Birthday.
Afterwards, we went to Lacy & Steffan's house to hang out and eat cake. We had to wake Devon up for this picture his eyes are barely open
This is the cake I made for him, it's an ice cream cake that includes ice cream sandwiches and was so fun and easy. I think it will be the tradition for brithday cakes in my family because it is so scrumptious. It's hard to read because I kinda went crazy with the crushed oreos!
Saturday we got to go do baps for the dead with Mike & Cara, Lacy & Steffan, Cherish & Nate, & Heidi & Jason(who stuck out before we even got done dressing!) It was so fun because none of us had been since we were in young womens and young mens. And the best part was our husbands got to baptize us :) I loved it. Before the Temple we stopped for lunch at a REAL mexican food place that Mike & Cara introduced us to and Mike ordered for us because he speaks spanish... it was funny.
On our way home from that we stopped for a treat at Bahama Bucks and it happened to be customer appreciation day. So they were having a contest to see who can eat a large size the fastest and Devon wasn't going to do it at first but he snuck a peak at the list of people who had done it earlier that day and his friend was on there so of course he had to try and beat his time....
And he did by 5 seconds....Here he is on the wall of fame @ Bahama Bucks. And yes those were the words straight out of his mouth after he finished. And all night his bottom teeth were killing him so we had to go to the store and get numbing stuff so that he could sleep. I knew it was a bad idea from the start!

6 comments:

Hills said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVON! We sure had a really fun weekend with everyone!

Cadi said...

Oh my he!!...Devon is one of my favorite people! Love you Devon, you crack me up. Happy Birthday

Heather Strong said...

I think I was about 32 weeks along. It was perfect - you could even do it a week or two earlier. I had an ultrasound when I was 39 weeks and we couldn't see a THING because he was so smashed (luckily it was just the dr. ultrasound to find out if his head was huge). Doing it earlier was perfect since he looked like a baby but wasn't smashed in there too much. It was so worth it!! I carried the pictures everywhere with me because I loved looking at them so much! Are you naming her Londyn? Cute!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I cute brain-freezes too bad...I couldn't do what Devon did. Happy b-day Devon...and that cake sounds good. I love ice cream sandwiches!

gentry's said...

hey jenna!!! yes i am here. we got in last wednesday. i ran into malia yesterday and she said you were planning a girls night. im so excited and would love to come. i think september is pretty open for me as i know. i unfortunately dont have a job yet, so that wont get in the way. ha. you look so happy i miss you so much lady. p.s. david and i saw your mom and brother at target. happy times!

gentry's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.