Sunday, June 12, 2011

Before I was a mom...

Did I know that I would be a worry wart?
Did I know that I was going never go a week with out waking up in the night?
Did I know my body was going to turn into this monster that holds on to extra weight like there's no tomorrow?
Did I know that I was going to get puked, spit, pooped on or snot wiped all over me?
Did I know that I would be lucky if I get to sit down for 5 minutes to breathe?
Did I know my activities and outings would consist of play dates at chick-fil-a and the splash pad?
Did I know that I was going to go a very very very long time with out having a pedicure and trying to do my own and ruining it 5 times because of having to chase after my toddlers?
Did I know that I would be a clean freak and clorox wipes would become my best friends?
Did I know my online shopping excitement consists of shopping for kids clothes?
Did I know I would want time to stand still forever?
Did I know what it felt like to have mini panic attacks every 5 minutes at the park when I realize I can't see my child in sight?
Did I know I was going to memorize the isles at the grocery store and plan my shopping so that I can get in and out in 10 minutes?
Did I know church would become the cause of my back and feet problems. I would rather my butt fall asleep because that would mean I could actually sit on it.
Did I know bodies of water, large or small, would make my heart pound and make my eyes turn into a hawks?
Did I know what it feels like to really be proud of someone, let a lone, a really little someone?
Did I realize how terrified I am for the future of this world?
Did I really know how blessed I was to have made the choices I did that led me here?
Did I know how exciting it would be to take a shower/bath alone?
Did I know I would be doing at least 1 load of laundry a day?
Did I know I would be a pro at the "eyeballs popping out/lips pursed" "you are in so much trouble" face?
Did I know that I would have to get ready extra early for something because I have to clean up a mess that was made while I was getting ready?
Did I know that I would be getting costco boxes of fruit snacks, chicken nuggets, and milk because we can't survive with out them?
Did I know It would be critical for me to erase words like "crap, shoot, butt, etc." out of my vocabulary?
Did I know what it felt like to feel the spirit in my own home just time 3 amazing people?
Did I know how much love would fill my heart?

Let me know if I missed any!

3 comments:

Heather Strong said...

I know that I have become a huge worry-wart since becoming a mom because I had to start taking anti-anxiety meds during my pregnancy with Abby! I liked them so much that I just stayed on them. :) I can't believe how big your kids are. I am checking the status on Alpine every time I get the chance. My mom said your mom is going up there soon, you will have to let me know how it is!

Tiff said...

:-o the older I get, the more afraid I am to start. You're very brave! Your kiddos are super cute; I know they'll do very well in life!

Kristal and Chance said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! :) There's nothing better in the world than being a mom despite some of the not-so-fun aspects. Thanks for sharing that; it's nice to hear someone on the same page. :) I missed your last post but those cinnamon rolls were so delicious, thanks again! And I hope your cabin is doing well!